I have received several emails about Delta having fares to Europe under $200 from many cities to many European cities.
Instead of going into all the details, here is what I can tell you. Go to the Flyertalk Mileage Run forum and read, read, read. Link
If you are a Newbie or Old Timer, now is a good time to put your Big Boy Pants on and play this game by the rules of the Old Timers. DO NOT CALL the AIRLINE.
No matter how important you think you are, or how bad you want to take advantage of these deals, if you can’t figure them out with the info provided online in the FT threads, you should not be participating in these deals. There will be others. If you call the airline they will pull these deals and people will miss out. This is the chance for everyone to LET THIS PLAY OUT on its own. DO NOT CALL the AIRLINE!!
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49