Cabo San Lucas Photography by Anne
Although we didn’t make a Round The World out of our spring trip to Croatia, Greece, and Amsterdam, we were able to make it even sweeter by joining up with our son Andrew in China later in June. He starts his break from law school on the 29th of June and will fly up from Sydney to meet us in Beijing for eight days in China. We will be departing from Hilton Head on our northerly migration to Traverse City — via China this time.
Andrew is the best when traveling abroad and has been to all seven continents. We will spend two days in Beijing then move on to the Terra Cotta Warriors in Xian, and then end up in Shanghai before we return to Traverse City, Michigan, and Andrew goes back to Sydney.
We’re flying business class on the way over at 55K in American Airlines miles each, and first class on the return with AA at 67.5K miles each. Yes, it did cost us extra by making this two trips instead of one. But whenever we get the chance to travel with Andrew, we will pay the extra miles. Our last joint trip was in New Zealand.
So now with the tickets in hand, we will need to submit for Visa’s and finalize our accommodations. I believe it will be the Hilton at the airport for our first night and Andrew’s first night the following evening when he arrives. BTW: He used Delta miles from a certain debit card deal to arrange his flights to meet us.
So — Katy gets to see the Great Wall of China, I get to hang out with my kid, and we manage to move ourselves from Hilton Head, SC, to Traverse City on the same trip.
I love this hobby.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)