On February 1st the Beta version of Milepoint hit the internet. I was asked to hold off making an announcement (although I slipped one in for twenty minutes on the first), until some of the threads were populated and the first day jitters gone.
Milepoint is the newest generation of Frequent Flyer travel boards and communities. Founded by none other than Randy Petersen of Flyertalk fame, we no whave two sources of the latest in frequent flyer news.
As you look at some of the other members handles, you’ll see many of the same names from the other forum. I picked a unique handle for Milepoint. See if you can find me on MP.
Expect great things from this site and its startup team. I look forward to seeing you all on both Milepoint and Flyertalk.
Here is the link to the beta Milepoint site.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95