kathy was a 100% success with approvals from the Alaska Airlines personal credit card, US Airways personal credit card, and the Capital One Venture card. We have received the confirmation that her 100,000 miles have been reserved for her. She is matching her AA miles.
On the Alaska card, when we called to activate, they seemed to be under the impression the signup bonus was only 20,000 miles not the advertised 25,000 miles. It took escalation to a supervisor, citing the web address of the offer and finally verbal confirmation from the supervisor that it would indeed be 25,000 miles. I wrote down the gal’s name, employee number, and date and time of the phone call on the activation sheet so if we have any issues, they can replay the tape. It was an honest front line mistake in my opinion, but what good are 20K in miles. I want 25 at a minimum. Keep your documentation.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49