We have been promoting the Platinum Card from American Express and then using the Delta Airlines Get More Miles Promo for a 50% bump in the transfer to Delta for first-time transferers. The promotion ends on May 31st. That is just more than two months away. To make this deal still work, an applicant would need to apply for the credit card, receive the card, complete the required spend, have the points post (or borrow them), and then make the transfer.
I am not advocating starting now, nor am I suggesting you are too late to start. If you are confident in borrowing the points for a later payoff when they do post, you may have a chance. But I think the hope of getting everything done now by May 31st is becoming increasingly difficult.
This is meant as nothing more than wake-up call that the calendar is ticking. My points posted on March 12th on an application I completed in early to mid February and I met the minimum spend within the first billing period, which ended on March 21st. Go figure!
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)