We have been promoting the Platinum Card from American Express and then using the Delta Airlines Get More Miles Promo for a 50% bump in the transfer to Delta for first-time transferers. The promotion ends on May 31st. That is just more than two months away. To make this deal still work, an applicant would need to apply for the credit card, receive the card, complete the required spend, have the points post (or borrow them), and then make the transfer.
I am not advocating starting now, nor am I suggesting you are too late to start. If you are confident in borrowing the points for a later payoff when they do post, you may have a chance. But I think the hope of getting everything done now by May 31st is becoming increasingly difficult.
This is meant as nothing more than wake-up call that the calendar is ticking. My points posted on March 12th on an application I completed in early to mid February and I met the minimum spend within the first billing period, which ended on March 21st. Go figure!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95