Several readers have asked how I’m bumping up my balances. A year ago in Chicago, my buddy Bikeguy made a suggestion I never got around to. Now is the time… Dave, thanks for the info. Better late than never…
Priority Club has numerous promotions running constantly for additional points above and beyond the actual stay credit. You must register in advance and many times there is a posting from multiple promotions for the same stay. Dave’s Chicago Seminar stay at the Elk Grove Holiday Inn paid him around 20,000 points IIRC. Mine was the measly 2,000 we were promised.
The key, according to Dave, seems to be to register for the multiple promos just prior to the upcoming stay. I can’t tell you how often the computer looks for multiple registrations, but why take a chance? Register just before your stay.
The registration page for Priority Club promos is here. Save this page in your bookmarks or favorites. There is a thread on Flyertalk (and probably on Milepoint as well) that lists all the current promotions found by other travel crazies.
Read through the thread for promotions that may fit your upcoming stay and register one by one on the registration page you saved in your favorites. You might be surprised by the number of points one stay can earn you. For my stay last weekend in College Park, I registered for 13 different promotions.
And here, provided by a reader Gary G is a link to all the current promos as provided by a PriorityClub Insider. This one is worth bookmarking or saving as a favorite.
Good luck and I’ll let you know how I do. UPDATE: As of this morning my promo points are posting. I’ve earned 13,000 points from this one nights stay.
DO NOT call Priority Club to try to register for multiple promotions in one phone call. As always, try and complete registration online and accept the ultimate results without calling for an update of one that did not take. The less said, the better.
Let Me Refer YOU to Priority Club and We Both Win
If you let me refer you and you make a stay (hopefully using this technique ) you’ll get 7,500 extra points for staying in an Staybridge or Candlewood Suites in the next 90 days, or 5,000 points for staying at any one of the other brands. I get matching points as well. Drop me an email and I’ll get us both some points.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)