That was quick and easy. The credit card bill came due today for $1,447 and on the statement it showed Katy had earned 112,000 points (not sure about the few points discrepancy). I paid the bill, registered the card online, and ordered our two Hyatt multi-night stay vouchers (worth $900 each) in a span of about five minutes.
That was a terrific promotion and so she got accepted. The Hyatt certs will be here in two to three weeks and I already have a plan for them. We are going back to Kauai in December and I’ll book a multi-night stay at the same Hyatt where we stayed last year. With $1,800 in certs we should be able to cover four nights of luxury. It may seem wasteful, but when you consider our actual cost was only 2-5 points on Katy’s credit score, she deserves another break.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)