A member at Milepoint, “jbcarioca,” has offered to match new loans to Kiva.org, made Milepoint members, in the month of April. Basically, for every dollar made in new loans, jbcarioca will make loans that match that amount up to $15,000. His offer is in post #444 of this thread.
Kiva.org makes mini loans to entrepreneurs in developing countries worldwide. I currently am a member of the Kiva Flyertalk team and have concentrated my efforts there as they were trying to become a top 50 team. This match puts a whole new light on that. I’ll get some lending in credited to the Milepoint team as well.
For more information on Kiva, go to Kiva.org You can make zero interest loans with as little as $25 and my payback rate has been outstanding. These folks appreciate our support.
Thanks, jbcarioca. You are our Frugal Travel Guy of the Day!
A Guest Blogger Opportunity
I have not tried this method of securing hotel or rental cars, but many of you are suggesting AA miles as the solution to my lack of hotel points problem. Do we have a reader who would like to be a blogger for a day and teach us all about redeeming American Airlines miles for hotel nights and possibly rental cars? I know I would be interested in the process, fees, past successes, value in cents per mile received, and any other tips or pitfalls you have found in the redemption process.
The winning entry will receive a $100 Marriott gift card and our gratitude for a job well done. Experienced bloggers need not apply. Let’s give the Rookies a chance. Send your entries to by Monday morning. Mark the email subject line “Guest Blog” and we will post the winning entry next week,
Don’t be shy. Give blogging a try. We all need more frugal hotel nights!
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)