Along with the Chase credit card, I applied for the Starwood Preferred Guest Card and received a denial. I have written a letter of reconsideration to the SPG people and am awaiting a response (hopefully an approval).
When you’re writing a reconsideration letter (see August, 28th 2010 post) you want to include a few key points:
1. I have NEVER BEEN LATE with a payment.
2. I’ve een gainfully employed for ______ consecutive years.
3. I have a credit score of ______, which I know is in the good range as I check my credit regularly.
4. I’ll take a small credit limit to prove my worth to you.
5. Think of the merchant fees you’ll be missing out on by not approving my application.
My letter to SPG:
In case you missed the info on these two cards: The Chase Continental One Pass credit card link is located on the right hand column of the blog under Rick’s Top Eight Travel Deals #3. Many Rookies don’t know this but you can only receive a bonus once per card. This credit card offer will expire May 31st, so this is a great chance to get bonus points off a card that will never be offered again and save the other cards for later. The bonus miles are Continental frequent flier miles, which will be combined with United frequent flier miles once the company merger is complete. It’s a great chance to build up United points. Some details on the card:
- 50,000 bonus frequent flier miles after your first purchase
- A waiver of the $85 annual fee for your first year
- 10,000 bonus frequent flier miles annually when you spend $25,000 on your Card
- Two frequent flier miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased directly from Continental
- One frequent flier mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
The Starwood Preferred Guest Card offer is at the bottom of the blog. That card gives a 25,000 point bonus, 10,000 after first purchase, and 15K more if I spend $15,000 in the first six months. That will be tough for me to do. I will use this card for my hotel stays.
Wish me luck!
Submit your best travel tips for a chance to win a $100 dollar travel gift card!
Platinum Card for the Delta Transfer Bonus, Elite Status, Lounge Access, $200 Incidental Credit and More. Read my February 6th blog post for details.