|Dubrovnik and Isles of Croatia|
Day one was spent exploring the Old City within the walls. Day two we headed to the island of Lokrum just off the coast. It was a nature walk around the island that led us to the nude beach and a turn around for us. The monastery was up a hill and quite hot so we stayed by the water’s edge.
After the short cruise we headed up the mountain on the cable car for an overview of the area. It was a beautiful clear afternoon and we could see for miles to the north.
Day Three was another day at sea as the port and walled city were crushed with tourists as there were 4 cruise ships in port including a megaship. We headed out of port to Cavtat, a small coastal town about 50 minutes by ferry south of Dubrovnik. It was Sunday and we arrived just as church was letting out. It was a christening for a preteen girl in her native costume and the town was all dressed up and all abuzz. The town was charming, people watching top notch and the outdoor luncheon was again reasonable and fantastic.
And tomorrow we are off to Bosnia to visit the World Heritage city of Mostar which has successfully survived the religious differences of the region for hundreds of years. We hired a private driver for the day at $200 with car to take us to a total of three cities on the tour. It was recommended by the hotel concierge as the most interesting day trip in the area. We will miss Montenegro this time but love the city, region and people so much, this place will see us again for sure.
The Croatian Kuna is the currency and a 100 Kuna note is equivalent to $20 US dollars. A nice meal at an outdoor cafe can be easily had for 70-130 Kuna. We are eating well. For you pizza lovers, you’ll find all kinds. We even found Mexican. I have yet to find a McDonald’s or Burger King.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)