1. The Citi Preferred Card, which earns five points (worth one penny each) at the grocery store, drugstore, and gas stations.
2. My new dining card will be the Citi Forward Card, which pays me five points (worth one penny each) for restaurants and other entertainment.
With $2000 in spend times five points per dollar, I will earn $100 Hyatt or Marriott gift cards that I can use on qualifying stays towards future elite status. It took $3000 to $4000 in spend to earn a reward stay with my SPG card. I stay at lower-end properties and can find stays in the $100 range that will qualify as stays for elite status and promotions for bonus points.
The bonus points are only issued for the first year on these two cards, then they fall back to one point per dollar no matter the category of spend. I do believe the MTVU Card offers five points per dollar on restaurants for more than one year, and I’ll switch to that a year down the road.
The sign-up bonuses are lousy at 6000 points for the Preferred card and 1000 points for the Forward card, but I need new cards to apply for. And the extra earnings per dollar will add up quickly in my categories. Note: Believe it or not Citi actually dropped the bonus on the Forward card???
Chase Priority Club Visa for 60,000 Points NOT Targeted
I’ve been hunting for the invitation for months and find out now I don’t need it. It is available to everyone on the Priority Club website while you are shopping for a hotel:
I found this on the website Reservations Desk Page while attempting to book a night at the Savannah Airport. Just do a hotel search and when you have found the hotel you want, this should be above the room options. Maybe all you guys saw it before, but it is new to me and a card I plan on applying. Note: the application page it takes you to does indicate the 60K sign-up bonus and that the bonus is for first-time cardholders. The info is in the terms and conditions on the bottom of the page.
On a Speculative Note
I have nothing definite, can give no more info and don’t have any more info but get the feeling we will be playing a game of Chase the miles again soon. As Colonel Clink, or maybe it was the Sargent, used to say: “I know nothing” What was the name of that show? American prisoners of war in WWII camp?
Katybug’s Scores Amazed Me
I handle Katy’s applications, and try to mirror mine. She does not exactly match my apps but I assumed her scores were similar to mine. The girl has two 900+ scores on the VantageScore scale on Transunion and Equifax. Her Experian score is very close to mine in the 830s as most of our pulls come from Experian in South Carolina, but the 900+ numbers really floored me. We’ll be looking for more non Experian pulls for Katy in the very near future. She won’t be applying for the Citi Forward or Preferred card as we shop together and the sign- up bonuses hardly warrant the inquiries unless you are a heavy spender in the bonus categories. We only need one Thank You point account at this point.
25,000 Membership Rewards Points,$200 Airline Credit, and One Year Lounge Access.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)