Here is your chance to earn 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards Points with no first year fee. This is double their typical sign up bonus.
Chase Points transfer to: Amtrak, Continental, British Airways, Priority Club, Hyatt and Marriott at a 1:1 ratio
When you call them, their phones are answered by people, not prompts (it is true and fantastic)
There are plenty of gift card offers as well with these points, to cash out your signup bonus. The value of the points is one cent each on gift card redemptions.
Katy and I have each had this card and successfully transfered the points to our respective Continental Airlines accounts. You can bet, as past card holders we will be emailing for a bump the bonus to 50K. When we applied the offer was only 25K.
Chase Sapphire℠ Preferred Card 50000 Transferable Points, No First Year Fee 25% Bonus when used on Travel
A Word of Caution: From my past personal experience and that of reader emails, I think you are best off waiting at least 30 days from your last Chase application before applying for your next one. I know the British Airways card was the latest score for many of you, so keep that suggestion in mind. I have no idea when this promo will end unfortunately, but I have not been told it was a limited time offer.
If anybody is paying for flying these days it is because they are not taking care of their credit. The award charts still say 25,000 miles for domestic flights but most of the offers are now 50,000 miles, points and up.These companies actually seem to be feeding off one another. I did not expect to see the Sapphire Preferred card offer until later in the week.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95