We all grouse and complain about bad experiences, but in all fairness to the airlines, they do have some good points as well. My Continental Business First experience from Amsterdam to Newark was one of those thumbs up trips.I had not flown on a narrow body 757 across the pond since my mistake fare on Icelandic Airlines almost 11 years ago. It just seems odd that they can go all the way across with a 757 but it was terrific. The aircraft is set up with 16 premium cabin seats, two on each side of the single aisle. Service was impeccable, and attentive. The food was excellent and plentiful. I loved the on demand video with sufficient although somewhat dated movies and tons of half hour and full hour TV shows. And most of all the seat was extremely comfortable and fully 180 degree flat bed. At 6’2″ and a large frame to say the least, I slept like a baby for about 4 hours coming home and arrived fresh and ready to roll.But most importantly Katybug was comfortable in the seat. After 30+ years as an ER nurse with bad shoulders and hips she really appreciated the ability to change the seat positions and actually chill out for the trip across.
My last time in CO Business First was over 7 years ago on our honeymoon to Hawaii. I don’t recall the seat being the same but I do recall that we enjoyed that flight as well.
I’m looking forward to flying this product again and think the United merger has gained a plus with this seating configuration. Congratulations Continental and United Airlines for making our return flight so enjoyable. I’m ready to go again.
Rick Ingersoll is one of the world’s experts on frugal travel and flying free and the author of The Frugal Travel Guy Handbook. A retired mortgage banker from Traverse City, Michigan, he has retired to Hilton Head Island,... All Articles
| Follow on Google+
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)
Gas & Fuel Purchases