Their response was as follows:
“I would like to inform you that, the two points per dollar spent when you purchase flights, hotel accommodations, car rentals, and time shares offer is effective for purchases made after 07/17/2011. Since the purchases made are before 07/17/2011, the two points per dollar spent offer will not be applied on these purchases. But as a gesture of my commitment to you, I have added 25,000 points to your account. You will see this adjustment on your next billing statement.”
SCORE! I asked for approximately 1000 extra points and they said no. Instead they gave me 25,000 points!
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)