For the last couple years, I have been sending your inquiries for referral and extra miles on the Bank Direct American Airlines checking account to my friend Col. (Retired) Wes for processing. He has efficiently processed your referrals and picked up the 1000 miles as the referrer for his own account. It was the least I could do for the sacrifices he made on my behalf.
Now Bank Direct has cut him off and is re-instituting their maximum 10 referrals per account policy. It makes no sense to me, as a referral is a referral, but never the less we need Veterans or Active Duty service personnel with Bank Direct accounts to receive and process reader requests for new bank accounts.
If you or a family member or friend are a Veteran or Active Duty, currently have a Bank Direct American Airlines checking account, and would be willing to process referrals for 10 of your fellow frugal travelers, please drop me an email. You’ll receive 1000 AA miles for each referral with a maximum of 10 referrals.
Our current referrer is Ida, a combat veteran herself, who will receive the bonus miles for getting you referred. Thank you, Ida, for your service to our country. If you are looking for a referral to the Bank Direct AA miles checking account program, you’ll find more info and Ida’s email address in Rick’s Top Eight Travel Deals on the top of the blog.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95