For the last couple years, I have been sending your inquiries for referral and extra miles on the Bank Direct American Airlines checking account to my friend Col. (Retired) Wes for processing. He has efficiently processed your referrals and picked up the 1000 miles as the referrer for his own account. It was the least I could do for the sacrifices he made on my behalf.
Now Bank Direct has cut him off and is re-instituting their maximum 10 referrals per account policy. It makes no sense to me, as a referral is a referral, but never the less we need Veterans or Active Duty service personnel with Bank Direct accounts to receive and process reader requests for new bank accounts.
If you or a family member or friend are a Veteran or Active Duty, currently have a Bank Direct American Airlines checking account, and would be willing to process referrals for 10 of your fellow frugal travelers, please drop me an email. You’ll receive 1000 AA miles for each referral with a maximum of 10 referrals.
Our current referrer is Ida, a combat veteran herself, who will receive the bonus miles for getting you referred. Thank you, Ida, for your service to our country. If you are looking for a referral to the Bank Direct AA miles checking account program, you’ll find more info and Ida’s email address in Rick’s Top Eight Travel Deals on the top of the blog.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)