These guys continue to amaze me. For the Premier card, we sent the requested reconsideration info regarding Katy’s address and received another denial. Mind you, she is an existing customer with Citicards and CitiBank.
I do represent them and I do receive referral commissions for their credit cards, but I need to be honest with you: their service is terrible. They have links that expired months ago that they are still honoring. They are unable, or unwilling, to do a personal check of their records for existing customers. In short, one hand does not know what the other hand is doing.
I am frustrated, but this time, out of sheer stubbornness, I will take this as far as necessary to get the card approved for Katy. Mine (Premier Thank You Points 50K) was finally approved by the Office of the President of Citicards. My issues was a reconsideration for too many inquiries, so it can be done. And I got my Bank of America Alaska Airlines card as well. We will have a perfect score from our June 21st applications when I’m done with Katy’s address verification.
I got: Chase Priority Club 60K, Citi Thank You 50K, Delta 25K, Alaska B of A 40K
Katy got: Citi 75K Biz Visa, Chase Priority Club 60K, Alaska B of A 40K, and will get the 50K Thank You points.
That is a smooth 400,000 miles and points.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)