These guys continue to amaze me. For the Premier card, we sent the requested reconsideration info regarding Katy’s address and received another denial. Mind you, she is an existing customer with Citicards and CitiBank.
I do represent them and I do receive referral commissions for their credit cards, but I need to be honest with you: their service is terrible. They have links that expired months ago that they are still honoring. They are unable, or unwilling, to do a personal check of their records for existing customers. In short, one hand does not know what the other hand is doing.
I am frustrated, but this time, out of sheer stubbornness, I will take this as far as necessary to get the card approved for Katy. Mine (Premier Thank You Points 50K) was finally approved by the Office of the President of Citicards. My issues was a reconsideration for too many inquiries, so it can be done. And I got my Bank of America Alaska Airlines card as well. We will have a perfect score from our June 21st applications when I’m done with Katy’s address verification.
I got: Chase Priority Club 60K, Citi Thank You 50K, Delta 25K, Alaska B of A 40K
Katy got: Citi 75K Biz Visa, Chase Priority Club 60K, Alaska B of A 40K, and will get the 50K Thank You points.
That is a smooth 400,000 miles and points.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95