|Beijing Market with Snake, Scorpion, Beetles, You Name it
Kind of boring but here goes:
We started avidly following The Frugal Travel Guy in March of last year. At that time, we had one frequent flier mile account and no hotel points accounts.
Now, 17 months later we (wife and I) have 24 accounts (we track via Awardwallet — thanks to Rick’s recommendation). Our miles accounts now total over 900K (American Airlines, British Airways, Delta, and Virgin Atlantic). We have hotel points of over 280K each (in Hilton, Marriott, Priority, and Starwood). Also, we have about 140K MR points with American Express between both of us.
We have a First Class BA trip planned to Barcelona and returning from Dubai this November (335K AA miles) and we used 235K AA miles for an Asia BC/FC trip this March. Thanks to Professor Ingy (Rick) and Katy (for giving him the passion/desire to generously share with FTG readers), we have nearly two million miles/points in 24 accounts.
Kinda boring? Come on, Wes. You are seeing the world at prices you can afford — and in style I see. I think your results are easily attainable by others. Katy and I pick up one million miles per year just with sign up bonuses.
Last Day for British Airways Transfer Bonus
Don’t forget your Amex Membership Rewards Points are worth 50 percent more today when you transfer them to British Airways. Go to membershiprewards.com for the last-day details.
Rick Ingersoll is one of the world’s experts on frugal travel and flying free and the author of The Frugal Travel Guy Handbook. A retired mortgage banker from Traverse City, Michigan, he has retired to Hilton Head Island,... All Articles
| Follow on Google+
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)
Gas & Fuel Purchases