Wednesday I’ll be at the Elk Grove Village Holiday Inn with Win working on the final details of our upcoming Homecoming. We’ll be discussing:
- Shuttle Transportation
- Room setup
- Exhibit setup
- Menus and coffee breaks
- Internet Access
- Seminar Schedules
- Audio / Visual
- Comped Rooms for Speakers (thanks for using our links to help reduce this expense)
I used my miles in accordance with this being a non-profit event. I’ve got plenty and glad to do it.
If you can think of any issues I’m missing on our agenda, please email me today or tomorrow. It is a short trip up and back. Registration numbers already exceed last years attendance. The hotel would like a head count by September 30th so we have 18 days left to register. Some of the seminars are filling to capacity. There are awards at reduced rates on both United and American if you can’t find a decent ticket price.
Register Here – ($75 includes lunch both days). Thanks again to all the volunteers who are putting on this event; can’t wait to see you all again.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95