Wednesday I’ll be at the Elk Grove Village Holiday Inn with Win working on the final details of our upcoming Homecoming. We’ll be discussing:
- Shuttle Transportation
- Room setup
- Exhibit setup
- Menus and coffee breaks
- Internet Access
- Seminar Schedules
- Audio / Visual
- Comped Rooms for Speakers (thanks for using our links to help reduce this expense)
I used my miles in accordance with this being a non-profit event. I’ve got plenty and glad to do it.
If you can think of any issues I’m missing on our agenda, please email me today or tomorrow. It is a short trip up and back. Registration numbers already exceed last years attendance. The hotel would like a head count by September 30th so we have 18 days left to register. Some of the seminars are filling to capacity. There are awards at reduced rates on both United and American if you can’t find a decent ticket price.
Register Here – ($75 includes lunch both days). Thanks again to all the volunteers who are putting on this event; can’t wait to see you all again.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49