The highlight segment for both of us was the time we spent in the first class cabin of a 747 headed to China, I think, before passenger boarding began. Everybody from United was very helpful. The camera guy, Bob, sound guy Rene, and producer Elizabeth understood more about “the game” after seeing the first suites seat on the 747. It is a terrific way to fly. I caught them talking to other attendees most of the afternoon and learning some of the tricks of the trade. The expected airing is sometime around Thanksgiving. I can’t wait to hear the stories that Nightline picked from our attendees to air.
The seminars themselves and interaction with all the attendees was such a positive experience for me. I watched people saving money within the first hour of the gang starting to arrive. Howie was the first I saw to receive a great tip. The initial estimate was that it would save him $4000+ per year on hotel rooms. I’m looking forward to that post and expect Howie will have it up tomorrow or next Tuesday.
We had great reactions to all the seminars. In particular, the moderated breakout sessions by airline or hotel program seemed really popular. How often do you get to sit and share your experiences and knowledge with like-minded people in your favorite program? Will modify it a little in the future with a better acoustics situation and the chance to jump from session to session.
We are learning and hope to further improve the program next year with some new speakers and fresh material. If you have a topic you’d like to see covered, speak up now as we are already working on next year. More to come on that.
On behalf of Win Schaefer and myself, thank you to all the volunteers, speakers, and sponsors for your effort and time. And thanks to all the attendees this year. Our proposed dates for next year are mid-September, and I’m guessing we will all be in one large hotel on the blue line closer to O’Hare.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)