Katy was next with surprising results. The Citi Premier Card pended her application as did the INK Bold card. The surprising change was that the United Explorer card no longer offered her a bigger bonus for having Premier status. She’ll have to wait and do the Explorer card in November when the increased promo comes back, we hope.
In place of the Explorer card we slipped in a Hawaiian Airlines Visa card from Bank of America for 35,000 Hawaiian miles which we will convert to 70K Hilton Honors points. It cost $79 but we had the room for the card application. It took a phone call to B of A but we got an approval on that one as well.
Total for sure haul this morning was 135,000 points putting us 5000 points or miles short of 1 MILLION for the year again. I have no doubt we’ll score that we need to reach our goal.
Deal of the Day
National Car is running a buy two weekend days, get one weekend day free!
Living Social has a great deal on a tour to Beijing. $899 per person from LAX including airfare!
The Points Guy gives you the answers to get 100 Free Southwest points on the weekly video.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95