Katy was next with surprising results. The Citi Premier Card pended her application as did the INK Bold card. The surprising change was that the United Explorer card no longer offered her a bigger bonus for having Premier status. She’ll have to wait and do the Explorer card in November when the increased promo comes back, we hope.
In place of the Explorer card we slipped in a Hawaiian Airlines Visa card from Bank of America for 35,000 Hawaiian miles which we will convert to 70K Hilton Honors points. It cost $79 but we had the room for the card application. It took a phone call to B of A but we got an approval on that one as well.
Total for sure haul this morning was 135,000 points putting us 5000 points or miles short of 1 MILLION for the year again. I have no doubt we’ll score that we need to reach our goal.
Deal of the Day
National Car is running a buy two weekend days, get one weekend day free!
Living Social has a great deal on a tour to Beijing. $899 per person from LAX including airfare!
The Points Guy gives you the answers to get 100 Free Southwest points on the weekly video.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)