|Iguassu Falls, Brazil|
The Dream Foundation is a 17-year-old national organization that fulfills final dreams for adults, and their families, as they face life-limiting illness. We maintain a four-star rating by Charity Navigator and fulfill nearly 2000 final dreams each year. Thirty percent — approximately 1000 airline tickets for our dream recipients and/or their loved ones — involve travel, including urgent bedside goodbyes, family reunions, and final trips with children.
We’ve got them. Hundreds of them: 85, 487 miles. 6,291 miles — the odd numbers in our accounts that we either try to build on or they just sit there being odd.
The Dream Foundation has partnered with Alaska, Continental, Delta, and United Airlines to accept miles donations to help those who need to make last minute, last visits of a lifetime. The Dream Foundation can put our odd miles to use when they are needed most — to say goodbye or for other once-in-a-lifetime needs. I remember an email from a reader several years ago who needed to get to a funeral and had no other means than a free ticket and he didn’t have enough miles in his account. I gave him those miles from my account. It was one of my best days helping others.
Below is a note from the Dream Foundation. Will you do me a personal favor and visit the site?
“Our fiscal efficiency as an organization is in large part due to our charity mile partnerships with Alaska, Continental, Delta, and United. Through these programs, individuals can donate miles – in any amount – to families in need. Ten miles, 200, 10,000… they all get banked for our dream services, and are essential to our day-to-day operations. However, due to increase demand in travel-related dreams, we are critically low on donated miles.
“We understand how important miles are to your own travel needs. Yet if each person donated just 100 miles, collectively, it would go a long, long way (pun intended).
“To donate miles, go to: https://www.dreamfoundation.org/donate
Your gift will give wings to a final dream.”
Thanks, you guys. We can make a difference. — Rick
50,000 Marriott Points, Annual Fee Waived First Year and No Minimum Spend!
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)