Dan’s Deals has a great breakdown of the new Avios rewards program from British Air. If you missed out on using your miles yesterday, check it out to see if you’re better off or not.
Chase has to bonuses running on checking accounts with up to a $200 bonus available. If you need a Chase account to start earning Chase Exclusives bonuses these may be a nice little boost.
Just a reminder that Southwest cardholders can save 20% off Gift Card redemptions through Dec. 15.
Sign up for Boingo for two months and receive a $25 Amazon gift card!
One Mile at a Time posts about a 30% off sale at select Hyatt properties!
US Airways is running a club promotion of $325 for the year as well as 3,000 EQMs and the $50 initiation fee waived. Enroll here with promo code CLB30
The Points Guy meanwhile has a great post about how to get 90,000 Thank You Points by opening up a CC and a checking account.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49