This weeks winning tip goes to Shuji !
Car Rental: Budget, Hertz, and Avis
It is free to join these programs and it is your first step to racking up some points. There are two different ways to approach this step: You can join all the programs at once, or you can wait and join a program when they are offering bonus points for joining. The decision it totally yours.
2. Join Award Wallet
This is an amazing way to keep all of your programs and points organized. Once you add your program accounts into Award Wallet, it allows you to look at all of your awards programs from one page. This page is simple and displays the program, your account number, current balances, and any expiration dates for the redemption of points you currently hold. When you’re working from this page, an added benefit is the ability to click on the program name and have it link you to their page, automatically logging you in.
3. Sign up to receive Airline and Hotel program emails and newsletters.
A good way to catch the current promotions which are always changing.
4. Find a way to organize
Set up a “travel” folder to keep and organize coupons, vouchers, print outs of terms and conditions, and programs/promotions you may be working on.
5. Check your Credit Score for Free
Knowing your credit score and taking the right steps to manage, improve, and protect your credit is vital not only for getting bonus deals but for your life in general. Currently, the easiest way to obtain large amounts of bonus miles and points is through credit card sign-up bonuses. Having good credit and keeping it that way will open the door to big bonus points. Check out the left hand side of the blog for links to get your free credit score and keep reading this blog to learn how to get these big bonus points.
6. Read the Blogs Daily
On the right hand column of the blog you will see a “Links List.” Check out some of the other travel blogs. Those blogs are full of up-to-date information and you will learn a ton from them.
After absorbing all of this, remember that this world of free and frugal travel is vast and overwhelming. You will not learn it all at once. Take it “one post at a time,” be patient, and before you know it you’ll be globe-trotting on miles and points.
Take care and travel well!
– Shannon, The Rookie
50,000 Thank You Points, $2,500 minimum spend !
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)