Update Bump the Bonus Amex: I tried the secure message center yesterday with the hopes of getting the bump on my recent NEW Business Gold card from 50K to match yesterdays one day public non targeted offer. NO such luck:(
Dear Rick Ingersoll,
While we appreciate your interest in this offer, we are unable to apply it to your account, as it was not available at the time you applied for the card.
I understand that this may be disappointing to you, however you can expect to see various promotions throughout the year for which you may be eligible.
We regret the inconvenience this may cause.
Email Servicing Team
American Express Interactive Services
Our $100 Gift Card winner for the month of October is Brent! Congrats! Email Rick your address so we can send out your winnings.
To get the big bonuses on many credit card deals, you must meet a “minimum spend.” And for some, that becomes a creative challenge. When doing my card deals, I have found some great ways to help meet my minimum spends. I hope they help inspire you, too.
1. Storage Unit
My local storage unit has a 24-hour automated payment system that allows you to pay your bill using a credit card. You can pay as much as you want at any time so I have paid six months ahead on my Starwood Preferred Guest credit card to get to my minimum spend.
2. Daycare Center
Many of you now know I just had my first child in September. While exploring daycare vs. babysitter for a few days a week, I found out that La Petite Academy allows you to pay your weekly daycare costs using a credit card. Great way to get the spend and some points.
3. My Church
My church has set up online giving accounts that may actually be paid with a credit card. I make my weekly donations from the computer on my card and pay them off right away. Great way to get a big spend for me. Rick informed me that many nonprofits allow you to donate online via a credit card, so if you are going to give, get a little in return by using your card. (See #5 below)
4. Gym Membership
My gym membership may be paid in monthly installments or all at once. I save the money for the yearly membership and then pay it all at once toward a spend.
5. Giving to Nonprofits
Many not-for-profit organizations allow for giving via a credit card. If you are interested in giving, here is a link to Charitywatch.org — a great resource for finding reputable charities. Some examples:
Happy travels, and keep submitting your rookie travel tips for a chance to win a $100 dollar gift card.
– The Rookie, Shannon
Increased Delta Skymiles Bonus Now 30,000 Miles for $500 Minimum Spend No First Year Fee Click Through to See the 30,000 Miles Offer. Copy and Print it
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95