- Two airline tickets on American Airlines from CLE-MIE. Used points from the 75,000 offers that both my husband and I got earlier this year w/ the Citi AAdvantage card.
- One night hotel stay at the Sheraton Miami Airport hotel. Used 4000 SPG points. Thanks for the Starwood AMEX cards we opened.
- Three nights at the Hyatt Key West resort and spa. Used our free nights for opening the Hyatt card.
- Car rental through autoslash.com. I booked this several months ago. They’ve found a cheaper rate three times! We are getting an intermediate size car. Went from $185 then down to $177, now down to $135 just today! That is $22 per day, plus all of the taxes! We are splitting this with another couple so it will cost us less than $70 and gas of course.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95