Dear Rick, I just want to say thank you for starting my hobby! I am a stay-at-home mom with three kids. I used to work, travelled a lot and loved it! Thanks to your blog, along with some of the others that you have suggested, we are still able to travel. Here is our upcoming trip that I am SO excited about next week!
- Two airline tickets on American Airlines from CLE-MIE. Used points from the 75,000 offers that both my husband and I got earlier this year w/ the Citi AAdvantage card.
- One night hotel stay at the Sheraton Miami Airport hotel. Used 4000 SPG points. Thanks for the Starwood AMEX cards we opened.
- Three nights at the Hyatt Key West resort and spa. Used our free nights for opening the Hyatt card.
- Car rental through autoslash.com. I booked this several months ago. They’ve found a cheaper rate three times! We are getting an intermediate size car. Went from $185 then down to $177, now down to $135 just today! That is $22 per day, plus all of the taxes! We are splitting this with another couple so it will cost us less than $70 and gas of course.
The best part is, we get to be in Key West with family and be a part of our cousin’s wedding and get to spend some kid-free time with family—which we haven’t done in YEARS! Oh, and of course, being there for a wedding has it’s perks: free meals for the rehearsal dinner and the wedding! J
I’m also planning a girls’ weekend in NYC with my daughter! Redeemed some Chase points for Amtrak points. We are visiting wtih some family in DC and will be taking the train from DC to NYC. Booked some more free nights at hotels. More importantly, I’m creating wonderful memories for my little girl!
Now I’m hoping to use our Hyatt points (that we transferred from Chase Sapphire) for a fabulous family vacation sometime within the near future!
Rick Ingersoll is one of the world’s experts on frugal travel and flying free and the author of The Frugal Travel Guy Handbook. A retired mortgage banker from Traverse City, Michigan, he has retired to Hilton Head Island,... All Articles
| Follow on Google+
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)
Gas & Fuel Purchases