1. Not being organized. Next year I will use a spreadsheet. I’m not sure to this date if I have a couple extra “hits” over 28 still waiting to post, and without knowing I’m not sure I will push on to 32 “hits.” I think I have one car rental that didn’t post yet and would still have a sixth one available to me, but not knowing is preventing me from wasting the extra money on the available one. The same is true with hotel stays. I see three posted and am not sure if I have a fourth already done. Time is short and I won’t go chasing anymore hotel stays at this point. If I had a spreadsheet and knew what was still to post, I could get another car rental if it would make the next 20,000 miles. “Rookie.”
2. My Points.com account is so screwed up. I never made the transfer from American Airlines to US Airways, nor the Asia Miles one. My AA account is in my existing Points.com account, but my closed US Airways one is also in there and I can’t add another US Airways account. They will not return my emails and there is no phone number to call. My mistake.
3. I did not do the e-rewards or emiles “hits.” In hindsight I should have spent the minimal time necessary to pick up these two (or at least one of them) “hits.”
The good thing: Three nice people in my life got flowers. I forgot how nice it is to say thanks with flowers.
In summary, I easily could have had 32 “hits” if I’d been organized. Live and learn. Rookie mistakes will get you every time. Listen to the “old timers.” They’re offering free advice. Take it when you can.
New York Restaurant Tip for BA Card Holders
Here is up to $100 of free dining if you use your BA Visa in one of these restaurants between now and year end. $50 credit first time and $50 credit the second time. Bert just saved you New Yorkers an easy $100.
First Year Fee Waived: 50,000 Points Transferable to Hyatt, Marriott, Priority Club, Continental and British Airways
Citi Prestige® Card
- Annual Fee: $450 fee
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The increase to 50,000 ThankYou points for the Citi Prestige card may be a signal that Citi wants back in the game, big time. The sign-up bonus has just been increased to 50K points from the previous 30K offer. An added benefit is a $250 annual air travel credit each calendar year -- so, if you sign up in April, you'll receive the credit this year, and again in January of next year -- which more than covers the $450 first year fee. When you add in lounge access for you and up to two of your guests, you’ve added another $400+ in value. One more benefit worth mentioning is the fourth night free for any four-night hotel stay booked through Wagonlit Travel. And lastly is the $100 statement credit when you sign up for Global Entry and pay for it using the Prestige card. Don’t forget the ever-growing number of airline transfer partners that work with the ThankYou points program.
- $250 Air Travel Credit each year
- Complimentary 4th Night for any hotel stay
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after $3,000 in purchases made with your card in the first 3 months the account is open.
- Points are redeemable for an $800 flight on American Airlines or US Airways®, a $665 flight on any other airline or $500 in gift cards.
- Transfer points to a variety of travel loyalty programs from airlines to hotels.
- Earn 3x points on Air Travel and Hotels
- Earn 2x points on Dining at Restaurants and Entertainment
- 1 ThankYou® Point per $1 spent on other purchases