1. Not being organized. Next year I will use a spreadsheet. I’m not sure to this date if I have a couple extra “hits” over 28 still waiting to post, and without knowing I’m not sure I will push on to 32 “hits.” I think I have one car rental that didn’t post yet and would still have a sixth one available to me, but not knowing is preventing me from wasting the extra money on the available one. The same is true with hotel stays. I see three posted and am not sure if I have a fourth already done. Time is short and I won’t go chasing anymore hotel stays at this point. If I had a spreadsheet and knew what was still to post, I could get another car rental if it would make the next 20,000 miles. “Rookie.”
2. My Points.com account is so screwed up. I never made the transfer from American Airlines to US Airways, nor the Asia Miles one. My AA account is in my existing Points.com account, but my closed US Airways one is also in there and I can’t add another US Airways account. They will not return my emails and there is no phone number to call. My mistake.
3. I did not do the e-rewards or emiles “hits.” In hindsight I should have spent the minimal time necessary to pick up these two (or at least one of them) “hits.”
The good thing: Three nice people in my life got flowers. I forgot how nice it is to say thanks with flowers.
In summary, I easily could have had 32 “hits” if I’d been organized. Live and learn. Rookie mistakes will get you every time. Listen to the “old timers.” They’re offering free advice. Take it when you can.
New York Restaurant Tip for BA Card Holders
Here is up to $100 of free dining if you use your BA Visa in one of these restaurants between now and year end. $50 credit first time and $50 credit the second time. Bert just saved you New Yorkers an easy $100.
First Year Fee Waived: 50,000 Points Transferable to Hyatt, Marriott, Priority Club, Continental and British Airways
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)