The flight attendant I had on my Thursday flight from Hartford to Atlanta was one of the most genuine people I’ve met. I had mentioned being hungry, and while there was no four-star meal to be served, she put together a dinner of snacks she had a available and brought it to me with a smile. I was hungry, potentially cranky, and a simple gesture from Vicky made my day. And yes, I thanked her, and I wrote a note to Delta thanking her for going above and beyond. Not to mention my glass of Cabernet was never empty.
My story to remember was meeting a fellow travel junkie — twice! On my flight out Tuesday morning and home Thursday night my seatmate was Sherry. A fellow Delta flyer, Sherry told me of a trip she’s got planned this month out to Vegas. The best thing about her trip is that she’s staying in Vegas for four hours and flying home right after. Sounds like a mileage run to me. We spoke about credit cards, diversifying your points across multiple programs, and how points were currency, just like the US dollar. On the Thursday flight we continued our conversation from Tuesday, but with some fresh stories over the past two days.
Meeting people, making friends, sharing stories, and learning from one another makes travel exciting for me. What is the thrill for you?
Travel Tip: Autoslash.com — USE IT!
I hadn’t used this site before, but had heard of it several times and had seen Jonathan speak at the Chicago DO in 2010. Autoslash is a site where you can book rental cars and if the price drops they cancel and rebook you at the lower price. Genius! This week I booked a rental for my mother and another for my brother. Mom saved $15 overnight and my brother $100. Need a free car seat for your rental?
Packing Tip: Pack your toiletries as soon as you return
I’ve started doing this and will never look back. Running out of shampoo, shaving cream, or other needed toiletries stinks whether you’re at home or on the road. By spending five minutes to replenish my travel bag when I get home, I save the hassle and time when I pack to head out again.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)