Internet Brands Acquires The Frugal Travel Guy
Budget-focused travel blog helps consumers see the world at prices they can afford
LOS ANGELES (January 20, 2012) – Internet Brands today announced the acquisition of The Frugal Travel Guy (www.frugaltravelguy.com), an award-winning travel blog focused on helping consumers save money on travel around the world.
The Frugal Travel Guy was founded in 2007 by Rick Ingersoll, a retired mortgage banker and avid world traveler. Ingersoll is a noted expert in frequent flier mile programs, customer service requests, and using good credit ratings to take advantage of bank promotions.
“Rick’s passion for travelling frugally is contagious. You can feel his energy and enthusiasm in The Frugal Travel Guy blog, which is constantly updated with new travel tips and informative personal anecdotes about saving money on travel,” said Brent Conver, General Manager, Travel and Leisure at Internet Brands. “The expertise Rick and the entire Frugal Travel Guy team offer make The Frugal Travel guy a valuable asset to our growing portfolio of travel sites designed to make travel easier, cheaper and more efficient for consumers.”
The Frugal Travel Guy will join well-known travel sites including FlyerTalk (www.flyertalk.com), Wikitravel (www.wikitravel.org) and CruiseMates (www.cruisemates.com) in Internet Brands’ Travel and Leisure category. Ingersoll and his team of writers will continue producing the Frugal Travel Guy blog after the acquisition.
“This is a wonderful opportunity to align with an online leader in leisure travel,” said Rick Ingersoll, founder of The Frugal Travel Guy. “Internet Brands will enable us to upgrade our readers’ experience though a new design and new features while allowing our entire staff to remain with our readers for years to come.”
About Internet Brands
Headquartered in El Segundo, California, Internet Brands is a new media company that operates online media, community, and e-commerce websites in vertical markets. The company also develops and licenses Internet software and social media applications. In its Consumer Internet Division, Internet Brands owns and operates more than 200 principal websites in seven categories. The company currently attracts, on average, more than 90 million unique visitors per month, with 97 percent of the network’s audience originating from organic, non-paid sources.
Contact Internet Brands:
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)