Internet Brands Acquires The Frugal Travel Guy
Budget-focused travel blog helps consumers see the world at prices they can afford
LOS ANGELES (January 20, 2012) – Internet Brands today announced the acquisition of The Frugal Travel Guy (www.frugaltravelguy.com), an award-winning travel blog focused on helping consumers save money on travel around the world.
The Frugal Travel Guy was founded in 2007 by Rick Ingersoll, a retired mortgage banker and avid world traveler. Ingersoll is a noted expert in frequent flier mile programs, customer service requests, and using good credit ratings to take advantage of bank promotions.
“Rick’s passion for travelling frugally is contagious. You can feel his energy and enthusiasm in The Frugal Travel Guy blog, which is constantly updated with new travel tips and informative personal anecdotes about saving money on travel,” said Brent Conver, General Manager, Travel and Leisure at Internet Brands. “The expertise Rick and the entire Frugal Travel Guy team offer make The Frugal Travel guy a valuable asset to our growing portfolio of travel sites designed to make travel easier, cheaper and more efficient for consumers.”
The Frugal Travel Guy will join well-known travel sites including FlyerTalk (www.flyertalk.com), Wikitravel (www.wikitravel.org) and CruiseMates (www.cruisemates.com) in Internet Brands’ Travel and Leisure category. Ingersoll and his team of writers will continue producing the Frugal Travel Guy blog after the acquisition.
“This is a wonderful opportunity to align with an online leader in leisure travel,” said Rick Ingersoll, founder of The Frugal Travel Guy. “Internet Brands will enable us to upgrade our readers’ experience though a new design and new features while allowing our entire staff to remain with our readers for years to come.”
About Internet Brands
Headquartered in El Segundo, California, Internet Brands is a new media company that operates online media, community, and e-commerce websites in vertical markets. The company also develops and licenses Internet software and social media applications. In its Consumer Internet Division, Internet Brands owns and operates more than 200 principal websites in seven categories. The company currently attracts, on average, more than 90 million unique visitors per month, with 97 percent of the network’s audience originating from organic, non-paid sources.
Contact Internet Brands:
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95