Each card is new and different. Most card issuers now only allow one sign-up bonus per individual card type. Some cards have been known to give the sign-up bonus over and over again. I love the state of Alaska;)
Once a credit card has been closed for two years, American Express considers a new application, a new card applicant, eligible for another sign-up bonus for the same card type.
Of course, the system tends to go haywire when we see a big limited-time offer like a British Airways 100,000 miles offer. But barring that happening too often, the above system has been extremely successful for me. In the event of a monster offer, I just break my plan and try for the biggie, then revert back to my 90-day schedule.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)