- Reciprocal elite upgrades in place already (loving it).
- Amazing route network integration and expansion (look at all that green!).
- Great new revenue source for Delta (Alaska’s Cargo network in Alaska).
- Fleet integration (737s are no stranger to Delta; all but nine 737s have Wi-Fi already). Check out Delta’s fleet and orders. Having a stronger presence in Seattle (Boeing’s home) doesn’t hurt.
- I received a 10-minute survey about a month ago about the Alaska / Delta integration (asking everything from program integration, to check-in, seating, and call centers).
- Some little birdies hinted that it is being discussed (nothing concrete, but it just adds to my suspicion).
A definite challenge will be the flight attendant union that represents Alaska flight attendants (much like the challenge with Northwest as Delta flight attendants are not a part of a union). But all pilots are represented by ALPA.
What do y’all think? Am I way off base? Is American a more likely purchaser? (I could see some nice expansion in their network, too.)
Starbucks Card Winner:
Our randomly selected winner is Matt, who said: “My resolution is to use some of these miles that are burning a hole in my pocket. Haven’t used any since April of this year and I’m ready!” Matt, please shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your mailing address so I can get the card to you!
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)