- Reciprocal elite upgrades in place already (loving it).
- Amazing route network integration and expansion (look at all that green!).
- Great new revenue source for Delta (Alaska’s Cargo network in Alaska).
- Fleet integration (737s are no stranger to Delta; all but nine 737s have Wi-Fi already). Check out Delta’s fleet and orders. Having a stronger presence in Seattle (Boeing’s home) doesn’t hurt.
- I received a 10-minute survey about a month ago about the Alaska / Delta integration (asking everything from program integration, to check-in, seating, and call centers).
- Some little birdies hinted that it is being discussed (nothing concrete, but it just adds to my suspicion).
A definite challenge will be the flight attendant union that represents Alaska flight attendants (much like the challenge with Northwest as Delta flight attendants are not a part of a union). But all pilots are represented by ALPA.
What do y’all think? Am I way off base? Is American a more likely purchaser? (I could see some nice expansion in their network, too.)
Starbucks Card Winner:
Our randomly selected winner is Matt, who said: “My resolution is to use some of these miles that are burning a hole in my pocket. Haven’t used any since April of this year and I’m ready!” Matt, please shoot me an email at email@example.com with your mailing address so I can get the card to you!