After several minutes in flight we reprogrammed for landing and made it safely through a visual approach with the assistance of the instructor with power, flaps, and landing gear. I must admit a little over steering just prior to touchdown, and I missed the center-line by a few feet, but I greased the landing. It was so good I could hear you all cheering from the back of the plane. I gave myself a solid B for keeping us on course, altitude and the approach, an A on touchdown, and a C for the wing wobble close to the runway. We walked away so it was all a success.
The rest of the day was spent is smoke filled cabins, sliding down evacuation slides and operating the exit doors. I watched some of the gang struggle to board the life raft in calm conditions of the swimming pool. God save us all in 6 foot seas, freezing cold water and under true hazordous conditions.
The whole day was a lifetime experience and the simulator for this aviation geek and my charity bid of $205 to the Susan B Komen Foundation for the opportunity was well spent in more than one way.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49