Here is this week’s Top 20 from Travel Zoo
For our friends to the North: BA & RBC are launching a new card tomorrow … the RBC® British Airways Visa Infinite Card.
New cardholders approved between March 1 through May 31, 2012, can earn up to 50,000 Avios to use towards a Reward Ticket on British Airways and oneworld® partners, and a Companion Award Voucher when they spend $30,000 CAD in a calendar year. The card also offers more ways to earn on everyday spend and double Avios on BA and BA Holiday spend. Cardholders can also redeem Avios on oneworld partners, BA Holidays, and hotel and car partners. The card provides security when traveling abroad with its 31-day Out of Country/Province Emergency Medical Insurance.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49