The final Continental Airlines flight will take to the skies on March 2nd; after that it’ll be United Airlines all the way. As a consequence of the merger, applications for the Continental Airlines OnePass® Plus Card will no longer be accepted after Wednesday, February 29, 2012.
This is a solid MasterCard that provides 25,000 bonus miles after first use, and provides another 5,000 bonus miles when you add an authorized user within two months and both use the card. An easy 30,000 miles. Spend $25,000 within a year and you get a 10,000 mile bump… $25,000 in spend the first year nets 65,000.
WARNING! HERE IS THE DOWNSIDE of this offer: If you take the Continental Card, you are currently restricted from receiving a similar bonus on the United Explorer card. The Explorer offer is currently a higher sign up bonus. We can not assure you if owning this card will prevent you from receiving future sign up bonuses on future United credit cards.
Here’s a high level overview of the benefits:
- Earn up to 40,000 bonus miles & first year free ($95 value)*
- Now with priority boarding privileges on Continental and United flights
- Check your first bag for free on Continental and United flights, up to a $50 value
- Visit the United Club with two complimentary passes every year, a $100 value
- Earn 2 miles for $1 spent on tickets purchased from Continental and United and 1 mile per $1 everywhere else
- Your miles don’t expire and there is no limit to the number of miles you can earn
In addition to these benefits there are some lesser known ones:
- PRIMARY Rental Car Insurance (most cards offer secondary which kicks in only after your own personal insurance)
- Price/Purchase/Return/Extended Protection. Premium features with more details at mastercard.us.
- Reward Seat Upgrades for Elite Members (book an economy award ticket and be eligible for a free upgrade to first)