2. Register for the next quarter’s promotion on the Freedom card.
3. Pull out their Citi Preferred card now that the second six months is here and ready for additional spend.
4. Be reminded to see if their points posted accurately to their FF account.
5. Use our Platinum card $200 annual credit.
6. Ask for a retention bonus when a card is six to nine months old.
7. Set up their next application date.
A Concierge of Credit Cards, so to speak.
We have AwardWallet and several other services to track our miles and expiration dates, but nothing along these lines. Bryant thought there may have been, but being over 60 he can’t remember and neither can I.
For the entrepreneur ready to take on this service, a word of caution regarding your potential clients:
1. We are extremely cautious about giving out our credit card numbers so Paypal may be your best source of payment.
2. Most of us have severe cases of CRS – “Can’t Remember S___” — so you have to direct your service towards email reminders and reminders of the email reminders. Examples:
“Rick, did you check to see if Katy’s Hawaiian miles transferred to Hilton yet? Respond with a simple yes and I’ll quit reminding you.”
“Rick, put the Citi Preferred card back in your wallet by 4/1/12 and complete the $5000 minimum spend by 7/1/12.” “Did you put it in your wallet yet?”
Some of you will laugh at the idea, but when you have big miles bonuses at stake, paying a few bucks to insure you comply with the terms and conditions is a legitimate and worthwhile expense. I know. I forgot to take my $200 Platinum card airline credit in 2011 and, unless somebody reminds me, I may miss it again this year.
Think about it and hopefully somebody will come up with an action plan and website. I may be the very first customer!
Limited Time Offer! First Year Fee Waived: 50,000 Points Transferable to Hyatt, Marriott, Priority Club, Continental and British Airways
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95