Carter and I discussed our plan of attack and the idea of him writing a letter crossed our minds. How could they inconvenience a new Delta flyer, way past his bedtime, with only one bottle left in the diaper bag? Based on Carter’s poor, unreadable penmanship at five months of age, we gave Delta a pass this time, but he and I agreed we were keeping an eye on them for such future issues. They must of had a reserve crew at the hub ready to move the full plane along. It meant a delay with the following morning flight as well due to the eight-hour rest rules.
Our Meetup with Darla
On the way down to St. Thomas, I was approached by Darla, a faithful blog reader, who recognized me and, thankfully, came up to chat. It was great hearing about how the blog has helped change her life. Darla has been to Egypt, Hawaii numerous times, and she can fly to St. Thomas on business now on miles and points instead of paying out of pocket. That’s the great part. The sad part is that Katybug’s camera went swimming with her and the photos did not come out of all of us at the plane steps as we deplaned in STT. Darla, I am so sorry. I hope your photos came out as I can’t find any on my iPhone and we only four from the whole trip survived after Katy’s dip. If you have one, please send it along to us.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95