Carter and I discussed our plan of attack and the idea of him writing a letter crossed our minds. How could they inconvenience a new Delta flyer, way past his bedtime, with only one bottle left in the diaper bag? Based on Carter’s poor, unreadable penmanship at five months of age, we gave Delta a pass this time, but he and I agreed we were keeping an eye on them for such future issues. They must of had a reserve crew at the hub ready to move the full plane along. It meant a delay with the following morning flight as well due to the eight-hour rest rules.
Our Meetup with Darla
On the way down to St. Thomas, I was approached by Darla, a faithful blog reader, who recognized me and, thankfully, came up to chat. It was great hearing about how the blog has helped change her life. Darla has been to Egypt, Hawaii numerous times, and she can fly to St. Thomas on business now on miles and points instead of paying out of pocket. That’s the great part. The sad part is that Katybug’s camera went swimming with her and the photos did not come out of all of us at the plane steps as we deplaned in STT. Darla, I am so sorry. I hope your photos came out as I can’t find any on my iPhone and we only four from the whole trip survived after Katy’s dip. If you have one, please send it along to us.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)