Carter and I discussed our plan of attack and the idea of him writing a letter crossed our minds. How could they inconvenience a new Delta flyer, way past his bedtime, with only one bottle left in the diaper bag? Based on Carter’s poor, unreadable penmanship at five months of age, we gave Delta a pass this time, but he and I agreed we were keeping an eye on them for such future issues. They must of had a reserve crew at the hub ready to move the full plane along. It meant a delay with the following morning flight as well due to the eight-hour rest rules.
Our Meetup with Darla
On the way down to St. Thomas, I was approached by Darla, a faithful blog reader, who recognized me and, thankfully, came up to chat. It was great hearing about how the blog has helped change her life. Darla has been to Egypt, Hawaii numerous times, and she can fly to St. Thomas on business now on miles and points instead of paying out of pocket. That’s the great part. The sad part is that Katybug’s camera went swimming with her and the photos did not come out of all of us at the plane steps as we deplaned in STT. Darla, I am so sorry. I hope your photos came out as I can’t find any on my iPhone and we only four from the whole trip survived after Katy’s dip. If you have one, please send it along to us.
Citi Prestige® Card
- Annual Fee: $450 fee
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The increase to 50,000 ThankYou points for the Citi Prestige card may be a signal that Citi wants back in the game, big time. The sign-up bonus has just been increased to 50K points from the previous 30K offer. An added benefit is a $250 annual air travel credit each calendar year -- so, if you sign up in April, you'll receive the credit this year, and again in January of next year -- which more than covers the $450 first year fee. When you add in lounge access for you and up to two of your guests, you’ve added another $400+ in value. One more benefit worth mentioning is the fourth night free for any four-night hotel stay booked through Wagonlit Travel. And lastly is the $100 statement credit when you sign up for Global Entry and pay for it using the Prestige card. Don’t forget the ever-growing number of airline transfer partners that work with the ThankYou points program.
- $250 Air Travel Credit each year
- Complimentary 4th Night for any hotel stay
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after $3,000 in purchases made with your card in the first 3 months the account is open.
- Points are redeemable for an $800 flight on American Airlines or US Airways®, a $665 flight on any other airline or $500 in gift cards.
- Transfer points to a variety of travel loyalty programs from airlines to hotels.
- Earn 3x points on Air Travel and Hotels
- Earn 2x points on Dining at Restaurants and Entertainment
- 1 ThankYou® Point per $1 spent on other purchases