Our winner from yesterday’s contest is Lisa T whose home airport is LAX (Los Angeles, CA). Her tip was “If possible, exchange currency (if traveling internationally) before you leave home. Sometimes it is cheaper here than there.” and her topic suggestion was “I would like to read more about seat upgrades. I am in the process of during this and it is giving me a headache :)”. Don’t forget to enter in today’s for another $50 at TheHotelCard.com. Lisa please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your voucher.
To Lisa and everyone that left comments thank you and keep entering for another change to win. Expect to see some of these topics written about in the near future. I found another one of these vouchers … Sunday we’ll give away an extra one randomly from all of the comments posted!
Capital One Double Miles Card Offer went live today. Not quite as good as last year but still not a bad offer if you have a big spend on a consumer card last year this offer will Double Your Spend based on last years statement on a competing consumer (not business) card. If you spent $50K for example on your personal SPG card in 2011 you’d fax them a copy of your year-end statement and then give you 100K in Capital One points. I did all of my big spends on business cards last year so I’m out. Keep in mind, Capital One will pull from all three credit agencies; make sure your scores are solid across the board.
1,000 Free SPG Points for filling out a survey. Make sure you put in your Name, Email, and SPG number in the last box on the page prior to submitting. Looks like they ended it early.
Southwest has a number of bonuses centering around its dining program. You can earn 300 bonus points just for signing up, 500 points if you review a restaurant once your point balance reaches 1,500, and 300 bonus points for every 1,000 that you earn (after the first 1,000). You can learn all about them and sign up for the program. You’ll also earn 2 points for every dollar you spend.
Here is this week’s Top 20 from TravelZoo
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)