On to the deals …
JetBlue is having a March-For-Deals sale today only, starting at $54
[Mattress Run] – Sheraton Herndon Dulles – $59 all in.
If you’ve got a newer BlackBerry smartphone with OS7 or higher RIM is giving away a bunch of free apps.
Ruelala currently has rentals on Nantucket offered up. These are definitely not Frugal deals at all; nothing on Nantucket is, but it is an opportunity to save a few bucks if you’re planning a trip.
Make sure you’ve signed up for Hyatt’s promotion where you earn more bonus points the more you stay. If you spend 16 nights at a Hyatt, you will earn 44,000 bonus points.
You can get up to double miles on American on nonstop flights between Chicago and either Shanghai or Beijing as well as between Los Angeles and Shanghai.
Club Carlson is running a triple points promotion.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49