On to the deals …
Hilton is giving 1,000 bonus points for every night spent at a property. They’re also giving 5,000 additional bonus points for every 2-night weekend stay.
Marriott is running its Megabonus promo right now, but you must sign in to your account to register and to see the terms.
You can earn up 3,000 bonus miles from US Airways for every car rental from Avis of three days or more.
Garmin Portable GPS with free Lifetime Map Updates for $74.99. This may not be the flashiest / fanciest GPS’s out there, but the free Lifetime Map Updates sold it for me
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95