Last week we had a bunch of hotel gift cards go to readers. I forgot to post Friday’s winner along with an additional winner from the week. Our winner from Friday’s contest is Arlyce M. whose home airport is MSP (Minneapolis, MN). Her tip was “If your hotel curtains won’t stay closed, use a pants hanger from the closet to clip them closed” and her topic suggestion was “A tutorial on using SPG’s Cash & Points to get the best lodging deals”. Our final winner is from Wednesday; Janet C from LAS (Las Vegas, NV). Her tip was “a great tip is calling ahead to the property you are staying at. talk to the gm or conceirge (someone in charge!) …remind them of birthdays, anniversaries etc. we’ve always received a room upgrade or a little treat in the room” and her topic suggestion was “a tutorial please on how to use ana aeroplan to book tix using chase rewards”. Arlyce and Janet please email email@example.com to get your vouchers.
To Arlyce, Janet, and everyone that left comments thank you again. We had a great participation from everyone; expect some more giveaways soon. Over 300 tips and suggestions; I’m working with Howie to get these all organized and shared with everyone.
On to the deals …
From Aug. 25 through Sep. 29 Disney is offering a free dining plan on vacations of 5 nights or more. The free dining plan can save a family a lot of money as the food at Disney can get quite expensive.
TripAlertz has the Morgan Bay Beach resort in St. Lucia for $129/night per person. The resort is all-inclusive, which also includes drinks.
Win a Chance to Cheer on Team USA in London with Hilton.
US Airways is offering 50% more miles when converting hotel points into their Dividend Miles program.
American has announced its elite rewards for flying more than the minimum threshold for elite qualification.
Looks like the Discover America promotion will be coming back this year. Lots of points for little money!
Looking to travel with an infant in first class internationally? Dan over at Dan’s Deals has a great post about saving a lot of money by using the British Airways Avios or Air Canada Aeroplan programs instead of domestic carriers.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)