This is a first in our series of Deal of the Day posts with sponsorship by AAdvantage®. We’ll put up a couple of our finds, but you now have the opportunity to win 2500 AAdvantage® miles by submitting the best AA Deal of the Day. Scour their website, find a great fare, fill us in on a great AA promo and you could fatten your AAdvantage® balance by sharing what you found. Just add your “find” to the comments tonight by 11:59pm EST. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
Get 1,500 AAdvantage® miles for every purchase from FTD flowers!
If you want to fly on the new 787 Dreamliner, you can also earn double miles when you fly it non-stop between Boston and Tokyo!
Just a reminder that AMEX/British Air are offering a 50% bonus when transferring MR points to British Air’s Avios program.
UPDATE — Some great tips / deals received in the comments from this morning:
- If you are traveling outside of the Continental US, AA has off-peak MileSAAver Economy class awards that save 5K-10K each way.
- AAdvantage members can earn 25,000 bonus miles by ordering new DirecTV service. Full details at www.aa.directv.com
- Sign up for Netflix and get 3,000 AA miles. https://aa.netflix.com/promo.jsp
- If you live in CT, IL, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA or TX, you can sign up with Energy Plus to supply electricity to your home, you can earn 10,000 AAdvantage miles after your second month of service as an Energy Plus customer. Plus you earn 2 miles for every $1 you spend on the Energy Plus portion of your bill. Easy way to earn a good chunk of AAdvantage miles!
- If you purchase a groupon through the AAdvantage Shopping portal you will receive 8 points per dollar. Use it to purchase a travel package and you could be earning lots of miles!
- Earn 1000 AA miles for every 10,000 financed with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
- You can get 500 bonus miles when signing up for an AAdvantage account using the promo code GO2AA
- May 17th – May 17th — 339.60 USD R/T ORD-SFO — with Double EQMs
The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express is a transfer partner of the AAdvantage® program. Transfer SPG points 1:1 to AAdvantage® and get a bonus 5,000 miles when you transfer 20,000 points.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49