This is a first in our series of Deal of the Day posts with sponsorship by AAdvantage®. We’ll put up a couple of our finds, but you now have the opportunity to win 2500 AAdvantage® miles by submitting the best AA Deal of the Day. Scour their website, find a great fare, fill us in on a great AA promo and you could fatten your AAdvantage® balance by sharing what you found. Just add your “find” to the comments tonight by 11:59pm EST. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
Get 1,500 AAdvantage® miles for every purchase from FTD flowers!
If you want to fly on the new 787 Dreamliner, you can also earn double miles when you fly it non-stop between Boston and Tokyo!
Just a reminder that AMEX/British Air are offering a 50% bonus when transferring MR points to British Air’s Avios program.
UPDATE — Some great tips / deals received in the comments from this morning:
- If you are traveling outside of the Continental US, AA has off-peak MileSAAver Economy class awards that save 5K-10K each way.
- AAdvantage members can earn 25,000 bonus miles by ordering new DirecTV service. Full details at www.aa.directv.com
- Sign up for Netflix and get 3,000 AA miles. https://aa.netflix.com/promo.jsp
- If you live in CT, IL, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA or TX, you can sign up with Energy Plus to supply electricity to your home, you can earn 10,000 AAdvantage miles after your second month of service as an Energy Plus customer. Plus you earn 2 miles for every $1 you spend on the Energy Plus portion of your bill. Easy way to earn a good chunk of AAdvantage miles!
- If you purchase a groupon through the AAdvantage Shopping portal you will receive 8 points per dollar. Use it to purchase a travel package and you could be earning lots of miles!
- Earn 1000 AA miles for every 10,000 financed with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
- You can get 500 bonus miles when signing up for an AAdvantage account using the promo code GO2AA
- May 17th – May 17th — 339.60 USD R/T ORD-SFO — with Double EQMs
The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express is a transfer partner of the AAdvantage® program. Transfer SPG points 1:1 to AAdvantage® and get a bonus 5,000 miles when you transfer 20,000 points.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95