AutoSlash.com helps people save money on car rentals. They’re the only site that automatically applies coupons and lowers your rate when prices drop. If you book anywhere else, you’ll probably end up overpaying.
Today our Deal of the Day is sponsored by AutoSlash and an opportunity to win a $50 Hertz gift card. We’ve put up some of our finds, but you now have the opportunity to win for the best overall travel deal submitted. A great mileage run, mistake fare, partner promo, new card sign-up offer, or the special twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of the post (with your first name, last initial, and 3 letter airport code)to be eligible to win. Just add your “find” to the comments tonight by 11:59pm EST. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
There is now a public offer for a 50,000 mile bonus (expired link) for the United Explorer card that doesn’t require any workarounds.
You can buy a voucher from TripAlertz for two nights at over 40 different locations for only $49 for two people which also includes a $50 restaurant gift certificate.
Deals We Like is reporting that SPG members up to 20% off at participating Starwood hotel restaurants just for being a member.
This Saturday (Mar. 31) is the last day that you can transfer hotel points into US Air for a 50% bonus. Dan’s Deals has a great post detailing the value in using the bonus for transferring SPG points.
AAdvantageGeek writes about how road warriors can win 100,000 AAdvantage Miles.
Here is this week’s Top 20 from Travel Zoo!
Yesterday’s Winner of the One Year of Premium Service from ExpertFlyer is Dirk B from SFO with his tip “Most know about ExpertFlyer’s ability to notify you when award inventory opens up, but I also use it to notify when low fare inventory opens up on a flight I want to book. It beats searching the fares every day.” Because ExpertFlyer allows you to specify a specific fare class, instead of picking an award booking fare class you can select a revenue one and if inventory is published to that bucket you can be notified when the low fare inventory opens up. This is a great tip, especially if you’ve got some time before you need to book. Dirk, please email email@example.com to collect.
Thanks to everyone that submitted a deal / tip, keep them coming!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95