My simple February three card application day was anything but successful at first glance. I was one for three scoring only the Mercedes Benz card from Amex and receiving rejections from Bank of America for the Virgin Atlantic card and most recently, the US Airways card. After sending a reconsideration letter to Bank of America, they came to their senses, realized what a great credit risk I am, and approved my Virgin Atlantic Amex card for 50,000 miles IIRC. Now to deal with Barclays, maybe.
They denied me based on:
Sufficient credit is available on your account issued by Barclays Bank Delaware.
I have two other credit cards with Barclays. They are a personal and business US Airways cards. Here is my dilemma along with an email I just got from Eric is making me hesitant to take another swing at them:
Is there a reason why it’s better to wait then call Barclays when you don’t get an instant approval? I recently did what you did and applied for a 2nd US Airways MC while I have another one open. When I get the “pending review” screen I called them, twice, but was denied. I later found out that the recon dept pulled reports from all 3 credit agencies to review my credit. Ultimately, I was still denied cuz they said I have 7 new accounts in the last 6 months. But is the reason not to call cuz Barclay would pull 3 all credit agencies? Had I just waited would they have reviewed my credit without pulling all 3 credit agencies?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Well I don’t think they would have pulled all three if you didn’t call for reconsideration, so hence my hesitancy to ask for a reconsideration. I don’t need or want three more pulls for a 40K approval. I could easily cancel the business card and/or lower the credit limit on my existing personal card, but three pulls? one from each agency?
Before I decide, its time for the gang to chip in again with advice. This is the first I have ever heard of this one before. I have never been denied by Barclays so will be all ears as to your past experiences. Comments will not only help me, but Eric and others as well.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)