- First Name, Last Initial, Home Airport (Example: John Q, SAN)
- A travel tip you have to share (Example: Pack your socks inside of your shoes to save space)
- A suggestion for a topic you’d like to read about (Example: Using Points / Miles for Free Rental Cars)
Post these three in the comments of the post for a chance to win. Enter as many times as you like, just make sure you provide a unique tip and topic to read about. Winners will be announced the following day during deal of the day. We’ll use random.org. (Friday’s winners will be announced during the Sunday Success Story)
Now for our post …
It has been quite some time since I’ve been in this position, and it is not a comfortable one. I only have one upcoming travel envelope started. It almost feels like depression I think???
The only travel booked is 9 days in Hawaii in September with the kids and grandson Carter.
Katybug and I have no personal travel plans. We are trying to put together an Alaskan cruise in June with friends of ours and I’m waiting for cruise prices to drop off a little. Anybody care to comment on the Norwegian Pearl as a cruise choice? I like the itinerary but have never been on Norwegian Cruise Lines before. And then after booking the cruise, I need to get two award tickets from Traverse City for our friends and two from Savannah for Katy and me. The tough part with booking awards to cruise cities is everybody else is trying to do the same thing for the same days. I’m looking a day or so in advance and coming up with nothing at this point. Maybe the answer is to take an award seat to a non cruise city and then jump on Southwest into Seattle or another low cost carrier into Vancouver if that ends up being our starting off point.
So our target for finding some travel days is April and May. We have thought about Hot Springs Arkansas for a few days. I’m hoping the weather will be warm enough. Katy also wants to see San Antonio and the Alamo. I’m hoping we can find a cheapie AA fare to San Antonio. We have often talked about a BBQ cook-off or Ribfest and will be Google searching for options along those lines.
I’d like to make these next couple domestic trips with our oddball points and miles I wrote about a couple days ago.. Maybe Alaska miles on Delta and using the two Priority Club nights and Hyatt 1-4 category nights to cover our hotel stays. Our son, Tony is off to Europe in a month or so and we can probably get him some hotel nights with the Choice points and Priority Club points.
I’ve noticed a change in Katy’s travel desires since the grand baby was born. She seems to want to stay US bound and shorter stays at that. We’ll try some National Park trips later in the summer but now it is stay in the southern tier of states for some warmer weather in the spring months. Come on folks. Have any spring US suggestions? In particular Hot Springs Arkansas?
Maybe these newer locations for us will offer the opportunities to use some of our oddball hotel points.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)