UPDATE: It appears as though
THIS LINK is no longer valid. If you applied make sure you keep your screenshots handy. The 50k links are still working.
Yesterday, a new offer for the NEW Chase Ink BoldSM was released for a
60,000 point signup bonus. Right on the heels of the Chase Sapphire Preferred card having its bonus dropped to 40,000 it looks as though Chase is looking to further entice businesses to try out their product.
To get the 60,000 point signup bonus you must use
THIS LINK, and not the other links / ads on the blog as this will take you to an application for a 50,000 point signup bonus. A couple of things to keep in mind:
- If you previously obtained the Ink BoldSM before November of 2011 (does not receive 5x points at office supply stores AND has foreign transaction fees) you are eligible for the full signup bonus of this card as it is a different card. It is the NEW Ink BoldSM.
- If you’ve recently obtained this card, you should try sending Chase a Secure Message. Login to your Ink Bold account online at Chase.com and ask for a bump.
- To obtain the 60,000 point signup bonus you must spend $5,000 within 3 months of being approved.
- Annual fee is waived the first year, but is $95 each year after.
- This card offers 5x points at wireless/telecommunications services (excluding equipment), cable and satellite television and radio services, office supply stores and wholesale distributors of office supplies. I put my AT&T cell phone, Comcast, and all Office Max, Office Depot, and Staples purchases on this card. I also buy Amazon.com gift cards at Office Max (5x points) and then use them at Amazon.com to max out my points.
- Here’s the FlyerTalk thread discussing the offer
One reason a lot of people don’t get this card is the minimum spend requirement. For established businesses $5,000 may not be a lot to meet the spend, but for new businesses, a small sole-proprietorship, or us eBay and Etsy merchants it can be a challenge. Here are a couple of tips on how you can enjoy the benefits of this card, and at the same time not kill yourself trying to meet minimum spends.
- Make sure you’re using the card for everything and forgo other bonuses you may get on a different card. For the first $5,000 you spend you’re getting roughly 7.7% back in points per dollar spent (60,000 + 5000 for your spend). This definitely beats the 2 or 3 points you’d get elsewhere.
- Prepay some of your monthly / expected bills. Cell phone, Cable TV, and Internet are the three easiest, and you’ll earn 5x points on every one of these. Perhaps your home insurance, car insurance, and membership dues are options too.
- Purchase gift cards from Staples, Office Max, Office Depot for places you normally shop. iTunes, Starbucks, Bed Bath and Beyond, Home Depot, and Amazon.com are ones that come to my mind. You’ll get 5x points on all of these and help get you closer to your minimum spend
- Provide a loan to someone through Kiva.org – More on Kiva loans.
Here’s a screenshot of the application page and the URL. Make sure you’ve got copies of everything when you apply. – Rick (Thanks Karyn for the tip)