Today we’re sponosored by by AAdvantage®. We’ll put up a couple of our finds, but you have the opportunity to win 2500 AAdvantage® miles by submitting the best AA Deal of the Day. Scour their website, find a great fare, fill us in on a great AA promo and you could fatten your AAdvantage® balance by sharing what you found. Just add your “find” to the comments tonight by 11:59pm EDT. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
Have United elite status? Match it on American! According to the thread, it may only be available for 1K GS elites, but it is still worth it to try if you want the status.
[Mileage Run] You can fly from SFO-SAP via DFW or ORD for as low as 3.6 CPM when you apply the double EQM bonus that American is running from SFO to ORD/DFW. This was still available as of 11:30 this morning.
If you’re flying Air Berlin in the next couple weeks, make sure to register for double miles from AA!
Lucky has a great post about why he thinks AA miles are becoming the most valuable of the US based carriers.
Starting tomorrow, you can get up to 5X AA miles when staying at Hyatt. It’s part of their new promo that runs from May 1 to Aug. 31.
Some of the deals /tips posted by readers in the comments section from this morning are:
Gary G from PIT reminds us that you can hold AA bookings — If your fare qualifies for this feature, you will see the “FREE 24 Hour Hold” option at the bottom of the “Review and Pay” page during your booking process.
Jeff B shows us how to get 1761 miles through a short WSJ subscription for under $16
The winner from Friday’s Deal of the Day is Steve with “how to use the OpenTable and IDine smartphone apps to not only find close restaurants but also how to rack up some easy points.”. See his comment for all the details. Steve please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get you your prizes.
The Starwood Preferred Guest(R) Credit Card from American Express is a transfer partner of the AAdvantage® program. Transfer SPG points 1:1 to AAdvantage® and get a bonus 5,000 miles when you transfer 20,000 points.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95