AutoSlash.com helps people save money on car rentals. They’re the only site that automatically applies coupons and lowers your rate when prices drop. If you book anywhere else, you’ll probably end up overpaying.
Today our Deal of the Day is sponsored by AutoSlash and an opportunity to win a $50 Hertz gift certificate. We’ve put up some of our finds, but you now have the opportunity to win for the best overall travel deal submitted. A great mileage run, mistake fare, partner promo, new card sign-up offer, or the special twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of the post (with your first name, last initial, and 3 letter airport code) to be eligible to win. Just add your “find” to the comments tonight by 11:59pm EST. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
AirTran is running a promo for 3x or 4x flight credits for flights to/from Atlanta
You can get a free 500 US Airways miles when you download and search using their new shopping assistant.
American has announced that it is offering double miles on flights between LAX and nine other cities including longer haul flights to Ft. Lauderdale and Toronto.
You can get up to a 40% bonus when you buy Flying Blue miles from Air France!
Here is this week’s Top 20 from TravelZoo!
Lufthansa is having a 1,000,000 seat sale through Sunday. (HT: LufthansaFlyer)
Best Western is offering a $50 Best Western Travel card with 3 stays this Spring
Some of the deals posted by readers in the comments section from this morning are:
Sky mentioned Arizona and Florida $5 one way rentals through Hertz … post Spring break all those cars need to get moved!
Narayana S mentioned a BA point transfer to hotel partners with a 25% bonus.
While not a deal, yesterday was the last Space Shuttle Discovery was in the air. Take a look at some pictures from its flight prep and trip to its final destination at the Air & Space museum annex at Dulles.
Yesterday’s Winner of the One Year of Premium Service from ExpertFlyer is Deb from BOS with her tip “Get a $25 credit when you join Hertz on Demand using code: ZEWEB25. Hertz now rents by the hour in some metropolitan areas of the country, gas, insurance, and GPS are included in the price. Unlike Zip Car, it is free to join and there is no annual membership fee. It is also possible to do one way rentals to the airport (again, unlike Zip Car, where that is not an option).”. Deb, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to collect.
Thanks to everyone that submitted a deal / tip, keep them coming!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95