AutoSlash.com helps people save money on car rentals. They’re the only site that automatically applies coupons and lowers your rate when prices drop. If you book anywhere else, you’ll probably end up overpaying.
Today our Deal of the Day is sponsored by AutoSlash and an opportunity to win a $50 Hertz gift certificate. We’ve put up some of our finds, but you now have the opportunity to win for the best overall travel deal submitted. A great mileage run, mistake fare, partner promo, new card sign-up offer, or the special twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of the post (with your first name, last initial, and 3 letter airport code) to be eligible to win. Just add your “find” to the comments tonight by 11:59pm EST. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
Dan’s Deals has a great post detailing using Korean Air’s partners to travel to Hawaii for 30,000 miles RT with no fuel surcharges! As a comparison, American can charge up to 45,000 miles during peak season! There are also many other redemptions that he outlines, but Hawaii stood out. You can transfer Ultimate Rewards points into Korean Air at a 1:1 ratio
Stay at the Renaissance in Aruba for $139/night! There is a five-night minimum so this would have to be for a longer vacation, but the Renaissance is a AAA 4-diamond hotel and has a private island!
[Targeted] According to Gary, some members may be targeted for a fast-track elite qualification for AA. In addition, you will receive double miles from May 1-Jul. 31. Make sure to check your email/junk email to see if you’ve been selected!
Here is this week’s Top 20 from TravelZoo
Some of the deals posted by readers in the comments section from this morning are:
Ryan H – Reminding us about some great SPG Deals with Starpicks
Juston F – About how you can more easily reach minimum spend on credit cards and get some free stuff too
Yesterday’s Winner of the One Year of Premium Service from ExpertFlyer is Patricia F of DCA with her tip on how to avoid ATM withdrawl fees with a schwab account. When traveling international you’ll often need foreign currency (and you’ll get the best rates direct through the banks). By avoiding the fees you can take out small amounts instead of bulk purchasing and having to worry about re-converting cash. Patricia, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to collect.
Thanks to everyone that submitted a deal / tip, keep them coming!
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)